Sink your teeth into the gooey goodness of Refuge chocolate brownies.
Made with ethical ingredients. They are a great learning tool to educate kids on ethical goods and social enterprise as well as equipping them with practical cookery, maths and science skills. Of course they are suitable for big kids too.
MAKES 12 GOOEY BROWNIES
Kit contains chocolate, sugar, flour, coco powder, making instructions
PREP TIME 15 MINS
BAKING TIME 15 MINS
YOU WILL NEED
Baking tin (approximately 15cm x 15cm, 5cm deep)
Wooden spoon /spatula
HOW TO MAKE
1. Pre-heat oven 190oC.
2. Line baking tin with baking parchment.
3. Weigh butter and melt in a saucepan on the hob.
4. Once melted, add pouch of ingredients to the melted butter in the saucepan.
5. Mix until combined.
6. Mix in 3 eggs until combined.
7. Pour into the baking tin. Bake in the oven for 15 minutes.
8. To check the brownies are cooked watch out for them darkening at the edges. You can also remove the baking tin from the oven and gently shake to make sure the middle of it does not wiggle like jelly.
Once cooked, remove the baking tin from the oven and allow to cool on a cooling rack.
Once cool cut up and enjoy the gooey goodness!
Nutrition info (typical values per 100g) :
Saturated fat 6g
Net weight 405g
Sugar (61%). Dark Chocolate (25%) Sugar, Cocoa Butter, Emulsifier: SOYA Lecithin, Natural Vanilla Flavouring. Dark Chocolate contains: Cocoa 54.5% minimum. WHEAT Flour (10%) WHEAT Flour, Calcium Carbonate, Iron, Niacin, Thiamin. Fat Reduced Cocoa Powder (4%)
Made in a kitchen where cereals containing gluten, nuts, milk and eggs may be present.
*Brownie kits have been printed with not up to date making instructions on the back of the pack. This should not affect the making of the brownies. It will be corrected on our next print run. To minimise waste we will use up the remaining labels first. Corrected instructions are above.